Old player, old PC

dageyman

Old player, old PC

Postby dageyman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Ive hopped into the Tribes RPG half a dozen times in the last 14 years and loved it each time. The last few times have been on Phantom's servers for sure too. I recently purchased a HTC Vive and the looks of the games I have played QUICKLY got me thinking of Tribes and the RPG mod. Last time I actively played was in the first few months of 2011 while I was camping a rare spawn in World of Warcraft (lol). I was using a different PC at the time, as I upgrade every few years. I remember that your character is somewhat locked to the computer you created it on, since you have to enter your char name and then password in the second field under character name...? Anyway... typing rant while on break at work right now. Is there any way for me to play my old character on this new PC? Not sure how you do your server wipes anymore though I swear you told me yourself that you do wipe every now and then. The old computer is still sitting beside my main tower(if that matters), yet unplugged and no monitor ect ect. Things are a mess since i got the Vive. Again, sorry for spam. Have been thinking about this the last couple days now.

phantom
Site Admin

Re: Old player, old PC

Postby phantom » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:22 pm

There has only ever been one wipe, there will not be another, I have always stated this when asked.

You can log into your character from any PC as long as you know the name and password, nothing else is specific to the tribes installation you first played from.

if you set a recovery email when you played, I can send the login information to that email address.

dageyman

Postby dageyman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Super fast reply. Im almost positive I would have set up an email... just because. It would have been davidphorsman@gmail.com or davidphorshaq@gmail.com. If not, then ill have to go hook up my old pc:P

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:52 pm

There doesn't seem to be any character files with those addresses set up.

dageyman

Postby dageyman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:56 pm

I logged on my old Tribes client on my old PC to get the info from my character screen. Im back on my regular PC and have downloaded the most up to date Tribes HD I could find and your newest Repack (30). Installed repack separately from the tribes folder as stated. I cannot see Phantoms RPG server, yet I see Particles and Chrono Trigger as well as 1-2 dozen other random servers. I also made sure to check if your server was up before hand. Any idea?

dageyman

Postby dageyman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:59 pm

Also, when WAS the server wipe?

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Open the tribes rpg shortcut, it will auto connect to the correct (main) server. The server was renamed though, to have tribesrpg.org in the name.

The character wipe happened in mid-2010 to re-balance everything.

dageyman

Postby dageyman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:08 pm

It just sits at 'Connecting to server'. I figured it was a direct connect, since I'd never seen it do that before... but yeah... Won't budge. I am familiar with how quickly it SHOULD load in the server though. I kept reading about 'master server lists' ect ect the last few days. Any idea? >.>

edit: was i suposed to put it into a folder inside of my tribes 1 folder? or a completely seperate one.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:12 pm

I have never heard of this happening, it works on my two computers and shows up on the master server list. It sounds like there's an issue but I don't know what it would be. Did you install anything inside the repack's folder after installing the repack? It is supposed to be a complete copy of the game, nothing should be written over it.

dageyman

Postby dageyman » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Ill delete the other HD folder i downloaded and installed and ill uninstall the Tribes RPG, then reg wipe and restart PC.. see if that does anything. No, i didnt touch the tribes RPG folder after fresh install. brb!

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:32 pm

You could try waiting a little while on the connecting screen, it could just be taking a while to connect.

Edit: it seems there was an IP range ban with a bit too much range, I have removed it, you should be able to connect now.

Return to “Phantom Worlds RPG (TribesRPG.org server)”