Discuss Tribes RPG, any servers, here.
DescX

New TRPG mod 'World Ender' - BETA 0.3

Post by DescX »

TribesRPG: World Ender 0.3

Client 0.3 (latest)

Server 0.3 (latest)

0.3 README

I will be hosting a public server at some point over the coming days. Hopefully, the week of Nov 14 2021.

The README gives an overview of all features that are currently implemented and working. It's now possible to play as any class; join any house; complete the main quest; and begin a new cycle, reborn. (Psst: any interest in hosting my little HTML README, phantom? :))

From this point on I'll be fixing bugs, balancing, polishing and taking suggestions. I've got some ideas for enabling a fast-paced "Team vs. Team" mode, but otherwise, I'm out of ideas!

Thank you much again for keeping TRPG alive!
Last edited by DescX on Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:17 am, edited 13 times in total.

phantom
Site Admin

Re: New TRPG mod 'World Ender' - Extreme ALPHA

Post by phantom »

I was looking at your files, and I think the problem with your player model skins is that their filenames don't end with ".lfemale.bmp", ".larmor.bmp", ".mfemale.bmp", or ".marmor.bmp". They need this in the filename in order to work as Tribes skins.

DescX

Re: New TRPG mod 'World Ender' - BETA 0.1

Post by DescX »

phantom wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:22 pm
I was looking at your files, and I think the problem with your player model skins is that their filenames don't end with ".lfemale.bmp", ".larmor.bmp", ".mfemale.bmp", or ".marmor.bmp". They need this in the filename in order to work as Tribes skins.
You were right, and, done! The skins in Beta 0.1 are "good enough" - go ahead and include them in your pack :). I've only included BMP files that I've either made or changed. Everything is used by a TownBot DTS, Client::setSkin(), or a weapon DTS.

Client::setSkin is now part of a larger system allowing one-line enemy definitions. I sifted through old GetWeight spaghetti and re-wrote UpdateAppearance:
rpg_weight.cs, rpg_EnemyArmors.cs